![]() |
| Breakfast at Russ' before Kindergarten Screening |
Kindergarten... this is the word in the Reilly Household lately. How can it be that we are looking at this already? Have 5 years really gone by? Is Emma really ready to go to Kindergarten?
As a mom, you hope that your child has been learning. You hope that what you have been teaching at home has made an impact in some way. You hope that 5 years of reading bedtime stories, rhyming in the car, and playing counting games has paid off.
As a "teacher mom", you hope that using teacher language has done its job too. You hope that you've taught good listening skills. You hope that you've taught her to be accepting of all others. You hope that you've taught her to be responsible. You hope that you've taught her to follow directions and to be respectful.
As a mom, you hope that your child uses the manners that you've encouraged her to use. You hope that your child will be a kind and generous person. You hope that your child will be independent, enthusiastic, and motivated. You hope that she will always do her best and believe in herself.
Ready or not? I think about all these things and ask,"Is she ready for Kindergarten or not?" It's a big question. It's the beginning of a new journey. It's the beginning of her growing up.
So is she ready? Without a shadow of a doubt, I know I can say yes. Over the past 5 years, she has become such a wonderful little lady (or at least I think so). I am so proud of her and who she is becoming. I can only imagine where her life is going to take her, and I can't wait to watch her journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment